- Starting July 1, 2020, Cocona is adding a biodegradable additive to all 37.5® staple fibers and filament yarns. This decision comes after more than three years of research and testing of the sustainable technologies available to textile manufacturing. Limited quantities of 37.5 filament yarns and staple fibers with the new biodegradable additive are available for sample production now.
- The biodegradation additive used in 37.5 fibers and filament yarns does not affect the ability of those products to be recycled.
- All 37.5® products containing a biodegradable additive will be sold with a hangtag that specifically identifies the presence of the biodegradable technology. The hangtag will contain the following statement: 37.5® Technology contains a biodegradable additive.
- The biodegradation additive will be provided at no cost to the 37.5® fiber and yarn spinners and adds no additional manufacturing cost or complexity.
- Third-party testing using the industry standard for biodegradation testing, ASTM D-5511, estimates that 54% of 37.5 PET staple fiber biodegrades in 341 days. It is estimated based on half-life calculations that 97% of the 37.5 PET will decay in 3.35 years. Decomposition leaves behind the volcanic sand additive, titanium dioxide, carbon dioxide, and methane.
- Cocona is committed to real-time transparency around its testing and research of biodegradable and recycled technologies. We will do so on the www.thirtysevenfive.com website. That portion of the website will go live on or before July 1, 2020.
Scientifically proven to increase stamina by reducing the amount of energy used to manage core temperature.
Extend an athlete’s peak performance by 10 minutes, or 26%.
Increase efficiency so you use less energy to do the same amount of work.
Proven to reduce the effect of temperature-induced sleep disruptions, leading to longer, more restful sleep cycles.
Stay in the ideal comfort zone more often/longer (89% vs 38%).
Remove moisture in the sweat vapor stage, before liquid sweat forms.
Delay the onset of sweat.
Wicking only moves moisture, 37.5 removes moisture.
Proven to keep you dry more effectively than wicking; thus, increasing your comfort.
When you are hot, 37.5 speeds evaporation and cooling; when you’re cold, 37.5 returns the energy to warm the body.
A shirt with 37.5 technology has a similar effect as an ice vest on cooling the core.
Decrease the rate of core temperature buildup.